I use this script with a raspberry pi wall mounted TV in my studio waiting area to give clients something to look at while they wait as well as create social interaction and brand awareness. Works a treat.
I offer this to you (the people) free to use, change, distribute, print out and burn – what ever you want.
What do I need?
- a Raspberry pi
- an SD card running Raspian (lite is fine)
- tv (wall mounted in a lobby works best)
- connect to wifi
- Log in via ssh and download the instally script (look down)
- Run the instally script and sit back with a coffee
I wrote an install script in bash to aid in an easy install. Give it a whirl, it’ll do all the linuxy things for you and get you up and going a few minutes (it’ll even install an auto-updater)! NEAT!
wget http://www.joeltron.com/files/hashgrab_install.txt -O hashgrab_install.sh && sudo sh hashgrab_install.sh
F-You! I’m 1337 and wanna install mah self
Dat’s cool. Do dis.
- Update system [apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade]
- Install requirements [apt-get install apache2 php5 libapache2-mod-php5 unclutter midori xdotool fluxbox fbautostart lightdm x11-xserver-utils php5-curl]
- make system boot to X [rasp-config]
- install hashgrab [wget http://www.joeltron.com/files/hashgrab.txt -O /var/www/html/index.php]
- create cache folder [mkdir /var/www/html/cache; chmod 777 /var/www/html/cache]
- make a start-up script to launch a browswer fullscreen to localhost [wget http://www.joeltron.com/files/hashgrab_startup.txt -O /usr/local/bin/hashgrab_startup.sh]
- make said script executable and autostart [wget http://www.joeltron.com/files/hashgrab_desktop.txt -O /home/pi/.config/autostart/hashgrab.desktop]
- add some hashtags [vim.tiny /var/www/html/hashtags.txt]
- cross fingers!
You sure can! Enjoy this scribble of late night boredom over a glass of fine corn whiskey or perhaps edit it and make it better. xoxo